At the heart of Griffith Polymers' industry leadership is founder and President, Don Barge. Mr. Barge started in the emerging polyurethane industry in 1954, as Technical Director of Aerol Company, Inc. of Southern California. The first polyurethane compound had been invented in Germany in the 1930's, and didn't come over to the United States until the 1950's. As Technical Director Mr. Barge was instrumental in developing applications incorporating this new polyurethane material into the automotive, aircraft, military and recreational fields.
In 1967, Barge moved to Portland, Oregon, and formed a joint venture with Griffith Rubber Mills, a well established leader in production of rubber elastomeric parts. The first plant, in Northwest Portland, was 5,000 square feet dedicated only to polyurethane elastomers. In 1970, Griffith Polymers Inc. built and moved into a 25,000 square foot facility in Hillsboro, Oregon. Don Barge became the sole owner of Griffith Polymers Inc. in 1990 and under his direction the company quickly outgrew that facility. Then in 1994, a new 60,000 square foot custom designed plant was built to accomodate the growing size in Tualatin, Oregon where the company is currently doing business.
With over 55 years of hands on experience working with open cast polyurethane, Don Barge is still actively leading the daily operations of Griffith Polymers Inc. He is personally available, along with his competent staff, to answer questions, for a plant tour or anything else you might need for your next OEM product. No part is too large or too small and Griffith can produce them all, in any quantity desired.
The Polyurethane Manufacturing LeaderEstablished in 1967, Griffith Polymers offers 43 years of custom manufacturing excellence and is the established leader in advanced polyurethane technology. Our open cast polyurethane molding and urethane processing has become the method and material of choice for applications/products that require resistance to abrasive wear, cut and tear resistance, superior elongation & rebound, chemical resistance and high tensile strength.
The success of Griffith Polymers is based on several key factors...
- Superior compound(s) development, including our proprietary “Double-Bond” polyurethane with the elasticity of rubber coupled with the toughness and durability of metal.
- Expertise in product development for a wide cross-section of industries including: agriculture, aviation, automotive, trucking, electronics, lumber/plywood, oil field specialties, metal forming, mining, pulp and paper, sporting equipment, etc.
- Regularly updated state-of-the-art processing equipment housed in our recently custom built plant.
- No part is too big or too small, we manufacture them all.
- Comprehensive quality control laboratory to ensure customer satisfaction and exacting tolerances.
- ISO 9001:2008 approved company.
- Approved supplier for Boeing D6-82479 Appendix B; Lockheed Martin, U.S. Military Services, and Northrup Grumman.
- Complete tool and die shop and fully equipped machine shop.
- A "whos who list" of repeat customers.
- An industry wide reputation for knowledge, skills, expertise and competitive pricing.
- Highly educated, dedicated and dependable work force located in Portland, Oregon.
Call Griffith Polymers, Inc today.
Toll Free (800) 743-1105